The King IS Dead…….
So, yesterday President George W. Bush gave his last press conference before making way for the new King, Barack Obama. In his final farewell George W. joked about the fact that he had been “misunderestimated”. I wonder why………?
- “Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
- “And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq.”—meeting with Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008
- “Well, I think if you say you’re going to do something and don’t do it, that’s trustworthiness.”—CNN online chat, Aug. 30, 2000
- “I’ll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.”—Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008
- “One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.”—U.S. News & World Report, Jan. 3, 2000
Do you have any favourite Bushisms?
Presumably George W. was so-named so that he did not confuse himself with his father and end up sleeping with his mother…..although this has never been proved 😉
For sure, “Junior” would not have been the best of names for the ” Leader of the Free World”, being an unelected position as I understand it. Not surprising for a nation with a World Series that only they can play in……..
Well I am sure that history will have something to say about Dubya’s legacy as president…..as long as he doesn’t blow us all up in the next week.
Goodbye and good riddance. The King is dead. Long live Obama!
In the meantime you might enjoy this: